Go to Home Page
Lawyer Registration
User Registration (Short)
User Login
Site Map
Find a Lawyer
Lawyers / Firm Registration
Questions & Discussions
Ask a Question by Email
Questions by Email and Answers
Add a blog
Display Advocate blogs
Law Forum
Legal Documents
Central Sales Tax
Lease Tax
Luxury Tax
Maharashtra Value Added Tax
Profession Tax
Sugarcane Purchase
Works Contract Tax
Bombay Sales Tax
Income Tax
For Legal Practitioners
Find Books
Find Phrases
Find Maxim
Find Abbreviations
Find Dictionary
Find Law Colleges
Search by Bench
Search by Act
Search by Citation
Search by Judgments
Search by Petitioner
Search by Respondent

Questions by Emails


Do I have a share in my grandfather's property

Detailed Question

My house is in my grandfather's name. My father is the only son and 4 sisters. My father is missing since 9 yrs. If the heir certificate is given in my mothers name then will I have the share in my grandfather's property or will my mother only get


Replied By - Advocate Asgher Mahdi on 5th Feb 2017 ( Total Replies - 24, Total points - 196 )
Advocates Reply - Yes, you have share in your grandfahter's property through your father unless a complaint of missing him shall have to file and obtain from jurisdiction police a report of having the said missing person is not traceable or whereabout of him from past 7 years is not know. The said missing person is not found well within 7 years he be consdiered as dead in the legal terminology.

Please write your Comment / Suggestion Below :

Either you must be logged in as Advocate or you must be question owner in order to reply to this question

Contact us  | Disclaimer & Terms / Conditions | Feedback | Site Map